Wednesday, November 9, 2011

November Artist: Henriette Savage


Henriette Savage...oil on canvas; the following bio was provided by the artist:
“I came to art late in life entering art school in my 40s. After three glorious years in school experimenting to my heart's content, I graduated to find my own path.
Oil became my preferred medium. The colour, richness, viscosity, and ease of manipulation inherent in oil have given artists the tools to reflect their points of view. I have joined their company.
There is so much to see and so much to do. What I have discovered since art school is that I have only begun. In the time left to me, I want to explore the limits of both oil and canvas, realism, and abstraction. I want to study the human form from newborn through to the aged.
There is no limit to art and it is all fun!”

No comments: